A chicken nugget is a chicken product made from chicken meat that is breaded or battered and then deep-fried or baked. Home-made chicken nuggets are much healthier and tastier than frozen or fast food varieties and can be seasoned in different ways, they are very easy to make. For a healthier variety, you can bake chicken nuggets; you can cook chicken nuggets in vegetable oil. To add some variety, you can make spicy chicken nuggets.
Chicken nuggets are one of the most eaten dishes in fast food restaurants. These are made either from meat slurry and ground chicken or chicken breast, the nuggets made of meat slurry are highly processed and unhealthy when compared to the ones made using chicken breasts. What makes these chicken nuggets even more delicious is the amalgamation of crunchy coating, spicy and tender chicken.
A chicken nugget is an easy snack recipe which is enjoyed and relished by both adults and kids. If you happen to love chicken, then this easy chicken nugget recipe is perfect for you. if you are fond of spicy flavours then you can add some black pepper or red chilli powder, you can add your own innovation to this delicious recipe by adding spices to your taste, you can also tweak the recipe by adding exotic spice which will spice your party mood. To make chicken nuggets at home, you will need the following ingredients:
Baked chicken nuggets
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of Italian seasoning bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp of dried basil
Spicy chicken nuggets ingredients
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 ½ cups of buttermilk
- 10 halved skinned and boneless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp of red pepper
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
Fried chicken nuggets ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Vegetable oil.
Making baked chicken nuggets
- Before you start with anything, first cut the chicken breast into half and then into 1 and ½ inch pieces. Wash your hands and any utensils you use afterwards.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a bowl. Then add your cheese, salt, dried thyme and dried basil. Mix all the ingredients well together until they are uniformed in texture.
- Dip your pieces of chicken into the melted butter and then dip them into the breadcrumb mixture. Transfer the pieces to a greased oven sheet, keeping them in an even layer.
- Baking your chicken nuggets should be at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, about 250 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- When you are done, remove them from the baking rack and allow them to cool before eating.
Making of spicy chicken nuggets
- Place your chicken pieces in a shallow pan, mix the buttermilk with eggs and then pour over the chicken to completely cover it.
- Cover and place the pan in the fridge, allowing the chicken to marinate for some hours.
- Mix the flour, pepper, salt and spices together in a bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and drain the buttermilk out of the pan.
- Coat each piece of the chicken into the flour mixture.
- Heat up your vegetable oil to 375 F and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
Making fried chicken nuggets
- Chicken nuggets are a simple and delectable appetizer recipe and can be made at home very easily; here is a simple way to prepare it.
- Heat up vegetable oil to 350 degrees F in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Stir together the flour, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces individually into the beaten eggs before pressing into the flour mixture to coat; you then shake off the excess flour.
- Place the coated chicken pieces onto a plate until all the chicken has been coated.
- Cook the chicken in batches in the hot oil, keep stirring and fry evenly until golden brown and no longer pink in the centre.
- Once done, transfer the nuggets over a napkin so that the excess oil is absorbed.
You can save time by doubling this recipe so you have extra nuggets to keep in the freezer for future meals. If you cook your nuggets before freezing them, they will just be as simple as store-bought ones. You only need to pop them in the oven or microwave to warm them when you are ready to eat them.